The assembly must have a strong name

Jun 24, 2012 at 7:32 PM

I'm trying to add the TaskUnZip dll to the Global Assembly Configuration (GAC).  I continue to get the error that it needs a strong name.  I initially tried this with the dll that was already compiled.  Then I tried it with the source code that I compiled into a dll.  It did not work either way.  I check to make sure that the key.snk file was assigned under Properties of the project, and it is already assigned.  Does anyone have ideas on how to do this?  Thanks. 

Coordinator
Jun 27, 2012 at 6:26 PM

hi

please send me error message and version Framework and Windows 

thanks p

Jun 27, 2012 at 9:12 PM

I'm using .NET Framework Version 4 and Windows Server 2008 R2.  I'm also using SQL Server 2012.  Because of 2012, I had to modify the source code so the reference for Microsoft.SQLServer.DTS.Design & Microsoft.SQLServer.ManagedDTS are now from C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\110\SDK\Assemblies rather than C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\100\SDK\Assemblies.  Once I created the dll with the assembly file signed with the key.snk file, I tried to put the file into the GAC.  At that point, I received the message that the dll does not have a strong name even though it is signed.  The error message states:

"Unable to add the selected assembly.The assembly must have a strong name. (name, version and public key)"

I've checked the Assembly Information in the Properties of the source code, and it does have all of the assembly information, plus the code is signed with the key.snk file that came with the source code. 

Any ideas would be helpful.  Thanks.

Coordinator
Jun 29, 2012 at 8:27 AM

hi

this weekend try to install sql 2012 and verify your problem.

I write if I find solution.

ciao

p

Jun 29, 2012 at 2:21 PM
Thanks for looking into this issue.

To: [email removed]
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2012 00:27:58 -0700
Subject: Re: The assembly must have a strong name [TaskUnZip:360742]

hi

this weekend try to install sql 2012 and verify your problem.
I write if I find solution.

ciao
p
Read the full discussion online.
To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (TaskUnZip@discussions.codeplex.com)
To start a new discussion for this project, email TaskUnZip@discussions.codeplex.com
You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.
Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com