Computer not registered for use of TaskUnZip?

Jan 11, 2013 at 9:53 PM

I'm trying to use TaskUnZip and I'm checking out the sample but when I try to work with it, I get this message:

"The task with the name "TaskUnZip" and the creation name "TaskUnZip.TaskUnZip, TaskUnZip, Version=1.3.0.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=08d5a3e5c5e98dbc" is not registered for use on this computer".

So.... now what?

Jan 11, 2013 at 10:00 PM

Also, if I try to view the properties, they cannot be retrieved... "specific cast not valid".

Anyone?

Coordinator
Jan 13, 2013 at 9:59 AM

hi

Which version of SQL Server you are using?

p

Jan 14, 2013 at 12:39 AM
Sql 2008 r2

-----Original Message-----

Sent: 13 Jan 2013 09:59:33 GMT
To: [email removed]
Subject: Re: Computer not registered for use of TaskUnZip? [TaskUnZip:429349]

hi

Which version of SQL Server you are using?

p

Jan 14, 2013 at 2:42 PM
Edited Jan 14, 2013 at 2:43 PM

It's supposed to be supported... I would guess that either something didn't stall correctly or that the version I have is expecting a key to unlock it... not sure.

Coordinator
Jan 14, 2013 at 6:40 PM
hi

yes sql 2008 r2 is supported. Your version is: x86 or x64

Please check if you run correct file ".cmd"

p

On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 3:42 PM, matityahudavid <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

It says that it's supported.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (TaskUnZip@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email TaskUnZip@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

--
Pietro Partescano

Jan 15, 2013 at 10:09 PM
I uninstalled and reinstalled with x86, just in case but I had ro change the directories. The bat file could find them and I don't have (86) in my program folder. The files were coped and registered and I got the same message.

-----Original Message-----

Sent: 14 Jan 2013 18:41:04 GMT
To: [email removed]
Subject: Re: Computer not registered for use of TaskUnZip? [TaskUnZip:429349]

hi

yes sql 2008 r2 is supported. Your version is: x86 or x64

Please check if you run correct file ".cmd"

p

On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 3:42 PM, matityahudavid <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

It says that it's supported.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (TaskUnZip@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email TaskUnZip@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

--
Pietro Partescano

Jan 17, 2013 at 2:03 PM

I've uninstalled and reinstalled a few times. I'm getting the files registered in the GAC, DLL's copied, etc... and still the same error message. If it helps, I downloaded "SSIS_TaskUnZip_1.3.0.1_SQL_2008", installed for x86 and added the TaskUnzip to Visual Studio 2008 (for SSIS). I don't know why this won't work but it's not a solution for me.

Coordinator
Jan 17, 2013 at 2:20 PM
hi.

please, send me output console application (.cmd).

p

On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 3:03 PM, matityahudavid <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

I've uninstalled and reinstalled a few times. I'm getting the files registered in the GAC, DLL's copied, etc... and still the same error message. If it helps, I downloaded "SSIS_TaskUnZip_1.3.0.1_SQL_2008", installed for x86 and added the TaskUnzip to Visual Studio 2008 (for SSIS). I don't know why this won't work but it's not a solution for me.

--
Pietro Partescano

Feb 1, 2013 at 8:36 PM
Sorry, I've been busy lately.

SSIS 10.0 is stopped
ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib - assembly not found
TaskUnZip - assembly not found
ICsharpCode.SharpZipLib.dll - copied to c:\program files\microsoft sql server\100\dts\tasks\
TaskUnZip.* - copied to c:\program files\microsoft sql server\100\dts\tasks\
ICsharpCode.SharpZipLib.dll - added to cache
TaskUnZip.dll - added to cache
SSIS 10.0 is started